PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oats Prices and a New course?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2001, 19:03
The Jolly Boatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagerbeaver: Well, I am awfully cheesed off! Like I say, I don't have firsthand experience of the other big schools (One ATPL is quite enough thank you!), but the reports I have heard *of some* are better. Don't get me wrong, the instructors here (both ground and flying) are generally excellent, but the management is truly awful. The instructors do their best under difficult circumstances, but are hamstrung by their "superiors". I get the impression that in the past it has been better, but over the last few months there seems to have been a big shift towards grabbing as much cash as possible, and losing any pretence of customer service, or even bare minimum service. Perhaps in the future when they realise they're screwing their long term business prospects, things will improve, but in the short term, there is no sign of this.

Anyway, if you have visited a variety of schools and Oxford seems the best, then go for it. But in any other industry it would have gone bust a while ago. If I were looking for a school, I'd take my money elsewhere - what others do is their business.