PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 22:20
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
ETOPS Fantastic graphic!

jack The video at 13 secs is very confusing. One has to really go frame by frame to see that the viewpoint is looking at the top of the aircraft and not that it's just in shadow compared to the bright underside. The tail is the confirming factor, the centreline of the fin being displaced to the right takes away all doubt.

Originally Posted by Chris Scott
Quote from Jackonicko (my underscoring):
"I'm not sure that the graphic bears enough resemblance to the manoeuvre seen in the videos, which seemed to show a roll to starboard during the climb, resulting in an approximately 90° change in heading."

Have to disagree, although that's what it looks like also to me on the most-shown video taken from north-east of the airfield. But, when the Hunter appears later, going over the top, you realise that in fact it must have rolled to the left during the climb. That is backed up by the other video taken by someone standing by the A27 near the subsequent crash site. (I frequently misjudge the direction of roll when observing a/c from the side at airshows, and it looks like I'm not alone in that.)

Comany # 283, yes wasn't that the most cringe-making performance, from both parties, that you could ever wish to see.