PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 24th Aug 2015, 13:16
skyship007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil What!!

I'm stunned to read anyone who is an expat pilot is getting paid in anything other than US dollars, Euros, British pounds or Gold coins.

I might be contracting for US defence sector companies, but I've never seen a contract that even hinted at paying a pilot in what is in effect a very dodgy currency if you don't live in Turkey. It's even a bit Iffy if you do live there.

I hope no one is silly enough to use a local bank account, cos if there is a run on government bonds it could be toast overnight.

When flying for a small company in third world countries, some chaps are sensible enough to ask for cash in hand (Prior to take off, if it's a tough job).
One chap who did a test flight in the Far East asked for and got 5K usd before first flight, then bent it and left the next day with 50 one hundred dollar bills in his pocket.

He thought he was on a winner, until he got home, as I had them swapped for good colour photo copies that nearly got him arrested at his own bank!

PS: I bet the P2F & P2type contract loans are denominated in Euros or dollars. If they are not, the interest rate will be in orbit soon.
NEVER PAY FOR TRAINING UNLESS YOU REGARD AN AIRLINE AS SOME TYPE OF CHARITY, BUT be careful of paying the "Church of the 7th day Airbus group" for any kind of seat!

Last edited by skyship007; 24th Aug 2015 at 13:30.