PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 12:51
Bengerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john_smith wrote

My take on it is that becoming a pilot now is only worthwhile if you don't have the skills or qualifications to do something better. If that's the case, however, you'd be better off becoming a train or tube driver
Frankly, this is more of an indictment of john_smith than the industry to which he refers. If he seriously thinks that being a tube driver is a better job than being an airline pilot then he has no business being near an aircraft, not even as a passenger!

I'd say 80% or more of the pilots I know hate their career
I'd say he's associating with the wrong pilots! 90% of the pilots I know love doing their job, they get somewhat cynical about the machinations of management and like to whinge about how much better things used to be, but take great pride in their work and constantly seek improvement and advice.

Any idea how hard it is to change career?
Yes, done it! Love it! Best investment I ever made. now approaching retirement in the left seat of a big jet with NO regrets but many happy memories, fulfilled in both my job and the relationship with the high quality people I get to work with.

Would I recommend this job to my children?

Yes