PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 11:55
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
09.11 - Red Arrows 'refused to perform at Shoreham'
Reports from this morning suggest the RAF’s famous Red Arrows display team ruled the danger level was too high to perform their full stunt programme at Shoreham.
A former airshow promoter who has worked with the Red Arrows and helped organise airshows around Britain told the Mirror:
I have friends involved in the organisation of Shoreham Air Show and have been there several times.
"The Red Arrows refuse to display there as they say the surrounding area is far too dangerous and could lead to a major accident.
"All they will do at Shoreham is a straight fly-past with red, white and blue smoke coming out the back of the jets.
"They have refused point blank to do an acrobatic display. They say there is no fall-out zone and any accident would be a disaster there.
"There is nowhere for them to put a plane down without killing someone.
"Every year the organisers apply for a Red Arrows display but they turn them down."
I've just lifted this comment from another web. As I said in my previous post, the Red Arrows will not fly theIr full display at Shoreham, the area is too built up and the airfield too confined and small.

FB

Last edited by Finningley Boy; 24th Aug 2015 at 11:57. Reason: SPELLING ERROR