PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 24th Aug 2015, 11:41
Rusty1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no feedback from schools in NZ

Hi Guys,

im new in the forum, because is used different forums. But since I started to implement the perspective of planning to train in NZD instead of US, I read through the pprune forums.
Unfortunately most of the threads are old and not up to date, thats why I am asking the question.

I asked via email nearly over 10 flight schools for giving me invormation on training and visa in NZ, only Mark from Frontier is in contact with me now, from the others I ve never heard anything. Some write on their homepage, that they donīt take international students for trainings. Is there some sense behind? Is the job market in NZ after the training that much overflooded, that there is absolutely no way to find a job?

Further, nobody was able to answer my questions to the visa conditions. I know, starting as a foreigner would be with a student visa for approximately 12months. Is there a chance for getting an extention for 12 months more, for gaining experience in flying after the training, before you get deported back to homeland (like in the us with the F1).

Or what would be good options after the training in NZ with the cplh license for starting the carrer as pilot, if you are completely unbinded and able to move all over the world if necessary?

Are there any proposals from experienced guys? (except statements like, save the 150k€ and spend it in another job/lifestyle! I made this decision already 100times the last 3 years and itīs done)

thanks in advance,
Rusty