PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Experimentals and Africa
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 10:51
Foxcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of the countries you list will pop a circuit breaker when you arrive. Anything out of the ordinary will seriously confuse them. A lot of local CAAs depend on ICAO and EASA regulations so make sure you have crossed all your t's and dotted your i's with these regulatory bodies before opening a can of worms you won't be able to close.

Application of their own regulations is likely to be bureaucratic, pendantic, paper heavy and a serious threat to your sanity. They will probably want to verify the manufacturer's premises, make an expensive trip to personally check out the suppliers, or pigeon hole your machine in UAV or something else odd. There are a few homebuilts in East Africa which will help smooth your way, but be ready for a lot of difficult questions and maddening illogical answers.

For Kenya, you can download their regulations off the KCAA website - which might start off the process of trying to understand what they will need, and how they will think. I don't think there is a huge amount on experimentals/home builts though. Good luck