PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 24th Aug 2015, 06:44
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tasmanian form your delusions you must be Turk. My friend you and your fellows Turkish aviators one day or the other will have to come to terms with the fact that Turkish Airlines is far from being the best European Airlines when it comes to the technical side of the business. Beside the exceptions your managements has vastly no clue, your standards are low, your English is bad,your manuals are often wrong and you are essentially taking chances everyday.
Moreover the Turkish culture badly fits into aviation as it values seniority and age over skills and competence and the" civil" ( there is actually no real civil aviation in Turkey) aviation scene it still badly influenced by the as strong as detrimental interference by the military " mafias". The number of accident you suffered ( you lost two Airbuses this year and just by pure luck nobody was hurt) pretty clearly prove this. Expat were imposed by insurance companies after Amsterdam and as a condition to maintain coverage . And there is been some improvement probably in recent years which still you manage to fok up with your "nationalistic" bull**** attitude, discriminating expatriate , playing with seniority for upgrades and for wide body promotion not really giving a good impression of your selves. Many good and dedicated aviators left ( including me ) with a bitter taste in their mouths as this could have been the best job in Europe or just nearby should THY have had another type of management.. Still there are rumors of massive resignations in recent months as again THY is far from offering the best deal around and many other airlines , now even in Europe are hiring. The TRY is diving and if continues like that with no adjustment THY will be left with pilot from Iran, Bangladesh and other developing countries and again the risk of an accident will go up.
Looking at the situation right now, talking with the few friends still there flying 100+ hours per month for lack of crews for 40% less real money and all looking for alternatives, I thank God I ran at the right moment. The country and airline are in the grip of people that will bring them down rather than give them up...