PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar 2015/2016
Thread: Qatar 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 23:16
Flytdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choosing wisely

Emirates, Qatar, and the Airline that shall not be named. All have advantages and disadvantages. Collectively, it is the decision to live in this area that is the most important.

QA likely offers the best upgrade path at this time though living in Qatar does not offer the upbeat lifestyle of the UAE. It DOES offer a very secure family living environment and many educational options for children AND adults.

Over the last while I have noticed a change in attitude with the people I work with. Previously most considered QA a pitstop on their aviation career path. Now many appear to be thinking of this airline as a long term commitment, especially with the recent changes in time off.

This forum gives such a narrow perspective on such an important decision. As mentioned previously if you are interested in a ME carrier, then TALK to people who work here and investigate those aspects that are important to you and your family. My personal needs are more than met, but YOURS are so completely different and ultimately are the most important.