PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 15:46
RansS9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As others have already said, in the midst of a sequence of aircraft losses at air shows, this incident is by far the most unsettling. Yet others have rightly pointed out that caution is the watch word, we don't know all the facts; there may have been a control failure, pilot incapacity etc.
But what niggles , what unsettles is the unpalatable thought that eleven completely innocent souls had their dreams expectations lives violently snatched from them and NOTHING ... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will be learned from the event.
I suspect a pilot botched a loop as innumerable pilots before have and for exactly the same painfully well known reasons. The distraught relatives of the victims may well secretly wished their love ones cars had been fitted with ejection seats so they too could have banged out at the last moment. In case any think I am an aviation hater far from it. I love planes, love air shows and love flying my Pitts.

(PS 757 driver--your statistic re deaths in the NHS is wrong. The number is far higher....and the number of preventable deaths far far lower.)