PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How big do you think the exodus from EK will be....
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 12:34
Panther 88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I can't wrap my head around is 5 plus years ago, there were very few alternatives to EK and the terms and conditions were somewhat fair and reasonable. Not as much as ten years ago, but either way there were very few alternatives for a good stable airline.

Fast forward to today's employment enviornment with numerous alternatives to the big E, and the terms and conditions are worse now than have ever been. Massive hours, leaves not allocated, no pay raises, upgrades being unfilled, etc. etc. But new aircraft still being delivered and continued expansion. A static pilot workforce of around 3800 plus. With alternative employment, pilots are taking the advice of managers who have for years spewed, if you don't like it, you can leave. And the resignations of the junior cabin crew just continue on.

Who in the world is in charge? They (whomever they are) have built a fantastic brand, and for the most part, a fantastic airline. The brand continues, but as a service provider, IT'S THE PEOPLE, that make the airline. And the apathy amongst both CC and pilots is frightening. Go the extra mile? Only the personal professionalism of the CC, pilots, and ground staff is keeping this airline together. And EVERYONE, I say again, EVERYONE I fly with is looking to leave, including trainers, CRMIs, and even cubicle dwelling pilots. Sorry, most of the UAE nationals seem to be staying, even though many of them have bolted for a big airline south of here.

When Qatar is a preferred airline for employment, those with the strings here have lost the plot, totally. Can someone please explain this?