PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 11:37
Hawker 800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air displays have an inherent risk. But is that not why many people go to them - to see mighty-machines and daring-do? Ever since Tony Blair's malign government there has been an aversion to any kind of risk. But I don't think you will find that many people will turn up to an air display in which no aircraft are allowed to fly, or a Formula 1 race in which overtaking was banned.

Life is a terminal disease with inherent risks - get over it.
I've nothing to get over Silver. In fact, I completely agree with you re the inherent risks (and TB's government).

The fact is that this will most probably be on the agenda of the council and local do-gooders. Questions as to whether the airshow should be relocated along the beach will be asked, no doubt. Personally, I wouldn't want to see the Shoreham Airshow relocated but no doubt things will change after this month's tragic incidents involving ex-mil jet hardware. Maybe it's time to let the current serving chaps show their 'derring do' in current hardware. The 'old boys' can stick to fast profile/plan view flybys more akin to a bad weather routine.

I've recently spoken to a friend of Andy's (BA colleague) and he said that he was off the critical list and on the 'serious condition' list. Fingers crossed for him.