PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 09:12
bob777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tasmanian..no one here is being rude. Still I don't understand your point. If you live in Turkey, pay schools in Turkey have a loan in Turkey the TRY devaluation does not effect you if not when you got to buy imported goods which you can still avoid if you want. But if you have a family abroad, a mortgage, bills to pay like 99,9% of expatriate pilots, it does. This is why other airlines have an exchange rate protection even if their currency are pegged to the USD. I think it is fair to say that THY is not doing much to help expat if not to provide the hotel or house allowance for a limited number of pilots which is by itself unfair to say the least. I think your suggestion to refer the union is a joke..right ?
To answer NEdude THY operates to many critical areas including Iraq and Somalia and to many airports at the boundary with Syria and/or PKK now very hot areas and you will fly there no doubt. Security is becoming more of real issue by the day.