PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 22:53
ManUtd1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have any idea/inkling as to whether they may continue with a possible FPP, in one form or another, beyond '16?
It's an interesting question. Just to be clear, I have no inside info so I'm just speculating, but I'd be surprised if BA don't have a cadet scheme going into the future. They have a long history of recruiting cadets in some form or another (fully-funded way back in the 80s/90s, self-sponsored in the early 2000s etc). In addition, they are recruiting large numbers of pilots at present, with no indication that the demand will reduce any time soon.

I believe the FPP scheme as we know it was developed and costed to run 5 times, presumably with some sort of contract with the 3 FTO's (it's telling that the price has remained identical for all 4 runs so far). To re-run it a new contract would probably be developed, perhaps with different terms. If I was a betting man I'd say that FPP 2.0 will launch in late 2017/2018 but perhaps on a smaller scale and with a higher bond.

As I say though, this is just me guessing, I'd be intrigued (and surprised!) if anyone could offer something more concrete

Last edited by ManUtd1999; 22nd Aug 2015 at 23:07.