PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 19:49
Kapitanleutnant

Just as an FYI…

The thing that has my attention these days are the clearance letters and guarantees. I've been envisioning my last day going to the airport to finally leave and being stopped by Customs saying I still owe some absurd amount on some account from 6 years ago or some such nonsense because it wasn't cleared from whatever institution it originated from.

Here's the skinny: On your portal page under "guarantees". You'll see all the things you have to deal with e.g. get letters or some type of clearance. I have an etisalat clearance that still showed 5000 dirhams after having paid it off and finally confirmed it was finished. Having just taken care of it all, I figured there was a delay in the portal page being updated. Nope. It still says 5000 dirhams which I didn't like seeing there so asked and was told this: As long as you have an "end date" on that event, you have officially been cleared from that guarantee.

That was to me, not clear whatsoever but thought I'd pass it along…. Just look for that end date column to have an end date stated.

Kap