PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada to Europe
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 11:54
M-ONGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can fly as P2 with an EASA CPL/IR if you don't like difficult exams or flight tests, BUT it's very difficult to get a job as the P2F and P2Type twats all seem to hold ATPL's.
No, he will still need ATPL written knowledge, aka a 'frozen' ATPL, but yes, they are P2F tw@ts.

The OP had better get some good time behind him/her first. Coprorate operators in Europe generally value experience. You do not find many low timers on private BizJets. The AOC world may well be slightly different, however low timers do not waltz in to the hardware the OP mentions. There are exceptions, I know of a guy on a 7X that only had 2000 hours of piston time and no jet.

My main questions are, once I have enough experience here in Canada on smaller corporate jets (Citations, Lears, etc) would I have any opportunities in Europe after converting my license? If I'm type rated in Canada will that transfer to a European license?
Do you have the legal right to work in Europe? If so, with small or midsize BizJet time, you should stand a chance at getting hired. It is competitive, though.

A Canadian type will not transfer, there are some hoops to jump through first. Just make sure you have over 500 hours on whatever type you want to transfer as it is easier/slightly cheaper to convert then. If you went for an Irish IAA licence, they would put all current types on the IAA (EASA) licence with the restriction valid for Canadian registered aircraft only. The UK CAA will not.