PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - La Mole, France.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2003, 22:49
Bumz_Rush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not for five years

I used to visit every month several years ago, so my input is limited. It was a great place to go to, with a very interesting approach, and a more interesting departure. Lots of strong winds, hot temperature, and tall trees at the end. It was also expensive, very, expensive. Fuel very expensive.
As to danger, the Mistral is the problem wind. The density altitude is a killer.
I suggest you go to Toulon, and perhaps a fly over of La Mole, to see the extent of the problem. But having said that it was great fun. Beech 200, and Hawker 700. I have seen many falocns there, as well and several light twins.
However I can recomend Toulon, quite close, and easy to operate into/out of. Handling not required. PPR.
Cannes is also good, very nice, but busy. Sea level, so DA not as big a problem. Handling not required. PPR good idea. Slightly unconventional circuit, so check out beforehand. Very busy, with Nice being so close, and lots of french, and english aircraft.

Have a great time. If you need a hotel in Cannes, the Sofitel at the end of the harbour is excellent, in Toulon, the Marina Hotel, is excellent also.

Enjoy.......