PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair SSTR
Thread: Ryanair SSTR
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 10:56
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The oft repeated clarion call for pilots to stand up for their profession; more collective union action. Sounds good. The airline managements of EU have a collective voice. EASA has a collective voice for the rules of operation & FTL's. No doubt, considering some of the changes over the past few years, that collective voice of management had a very strong & effective lobby with EASA. There is no collective pilot body to balance this onslaught. Oh yes there is; it's called ECA. If it does not have enough teeth then it could grow some. If they put out a call I'm confident the troops would respond. It's called leadership. Where is it? It's not just the individual pilots who don't support their colleagues; within the various national unions in EU countries they don't support their neighbours. I thought that was what ECA was all about, an EU wide pilot voice on common interests. Have they been out to lunch for 15 years? It's all now too late. Horse has bolted and is over he horizon. Stable door is swinging on rusty hinges.