PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Tasered on Easyjet plane
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 09:26
paully

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hearty Meatballs

Sadly there are too many Daily Mail readers commenting on here, most of whom show their complete ignorance of Policing and the risks and requirements thereof...Been out of the job a while (just like a lot of ex pilots on this thread) but while I was in, I dealt with many mentally ill people,too many in fact. Most of whom are capable of developing extraordinary strength, due to their illness..

Sometimes you can reason with them and get a peaceful ending, other times that is just impossible.I well remember 3 of us having to sit on one lad in the Ambulance while we got him to admission at the mental ward.Ditto a young girl, weighing about 8 stone who threw a chair at a presiding magistrate and fought like a lion with 4 big cops..You have to have compassion and understanding for them but............

None of us had to weigh up the circumstances that were going on in that narrow aisle, but the cop had about less than a minute to make a judgement and get it right..He/she took a decision they thought was right and appropriate and I for one am happy to accept their decision. why??..because right or wrong they made it honestly, knowing their actions would be subject to inquiry afterwards (and not the bull****e written on here )

The issue of the baggage, I think, was a symptom not a cause.Mental Illness was that cause..I cant see what blame can be attached to the cabin crew or Easyjet for that matter, but as always there will those on here who froth at the mouth too easy..