PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice please!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 00:29
Chadflies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks altiplano,

I agree, which isint to say I don't enjoy the flying I'm doing now.. I wouldn't be doing it if I hated it.. But there's something to be said about getting realistic traction on your goals

liquid-charlie,

Currently no kids, but I live with my lady /fiancée. The only blessing there is she's a flight attendant, she gets the life and is pretty on board with supporting me.. I'm lucky to have her. I'm mobile and willing.. I have a current Multi IFR, and as I said instructing .. Single piston mostly, so it feels somewhat wasteful to have. My goals would be to build some serious PIC time, or fly my pants off in a twin.. I'd have a hard time getting my mind around a job where I'd only fly 300hrs a year that would necessitate me leaving my good paying job.. I'm willing to work hard and open to anything.

Im currently tossing the idea of heading to Botswana Africa to speed things up.. I've also sent feelers out to my flying buddies to see what's available.. Things in Canada, at least Alberta seem to be slowing up.. But I may have a lead on a medivac gig at some point in the future.. I've also heard good things about an airline called Perimeter in Winnipeg.. Thoughts?

hagop,

I haven't considered the north to be honest.. Everyone tells me I'd need to work the ramp for an undetermined period of time before if get to look inside a plane.. I guess I felt some time building was better than no time up north .. Waiting for a chance to fly..

Last edited by Chadflies; 22nd Aug 2015 at 00:48.