PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which role should I do?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2015, 21:34
Kitbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RG56, if you are really trying to get into aircraft maintenance good luck to you.
There have been several comments regardinfg pedantry on here, it is perhaps worth remembering that your signature, certifying maintenance on an aircraft carries very real, and lasting legal responsibilities. It is not uncommon, in the event of an accident or incident, that your work will be scrutinised closely. Your interpretation and understanding of the procedures you have certified against will be questioned to the nth degree.
If you don't understand what you are signing for, you are leaving yourself exposed. What many of the old & bold on here are seeing is a a slapdash, uncaring young chap.
If they are operators of an aircraft could you blame them for being a bit nervous of your attitude?
If they are techies like me, then you would be subject to a lot of supervision because I could have no confidence in either your attitude, nor aptitude. If I have to give you a lot of supervision, you are a burden, and thus a waste of oxygen.

Last edited by Kitbag; 21st Aug 2015 at 21:57.