PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 21st Aug 2015, 21:31
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha ha, Doug, it sounds very like the lunchtime soirée I and my fellow GE Joe Ion provided some time ago. Pau was a great Det, although the on base accommodation was as usual "basic". My first chance in the RH seat to have a go at landing Albert, I think I got it down, but might have had some "gentle" help from Stretch in the LH seat. I'm still here typing on pprune, so I must have got away with it. A little diversion if I may. Joe and I were both smokers at the time, and whilst waiting for the return of Albert one evening, were enjoying a fag and a chinwag in our hired vehicle. Imagine our surprise when a chap pokes his head in the left hand open window, and says "ere lads, can I borrow your wheels ?", we immediately christened this bloke James Bond and handed over the vehicle to him. He proceeded to ask us where the best boozers were, we told him that they were all within walking distance. He handed the vehicle back to us, and we met him later in our local haunt, turns out he was a nice lad, and even bought him a beer from our meagre allowances. I'm sure, not a new experience for Albert operatives.

Smudge