PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which role should I do?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2015, 16:58
OneFifty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RG56

During your first visit to Halton, on your Pre-Recruit Training Course, you'll be required to submit a hand written piece which will be used, amongst other things, to assess your writing and communication skills. Perhaps getting into the habit could be useful. Adittionally, during your time at RTS, you'll have to learn to live by the four RAF core values: Respect, Integrity, Service before Self and Excellence. These four core values apply to evey single aspect of RAF life. I would opine that in some of the replies you have made on this thread, towards people who for all you know are serving members, some maybe in the training and/or the selection business, would not follow these values. People here are trying to help you, remember you asked for their advice. Of couse, I know you have not been given instruction in these values yet but now you are aware, why not try putting them into practice.

You also need to understand perceptions and how you come accross to people.

Please don't wait until 'you go down to Cosford' before you decide to communicate properly, if not done before that, you may not get there.

Good luck in whichever trade you decide upon.

Last edited by OneFifty; 21st Aug 2015 at 21:24.