PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF TO GET 787 !!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2015, 00:37
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thank for the invite to try to be an airline pilot & also look or be like a swinger in a hotel foyer. As previously mentioned well I don't actually wish to be an airline pilot , & as for the second bit , well you know I think I will have to have a good think about that one, just not sure it is really "me".

I would have thought that being a FA is primarily a physical job, not an intellectual one , so really is best done by young people. Whenever I fly Sing/Cathay all the FAs are all much younger and IMHO they think , act & move much faster than than the Grannies & Pops you get on on QF Long Haul.

Kinds like the Battle of Britain where they looked for young blokes not fifty year olds to fly their Spitfires.

Lets face facts people in their 50s such as Medicos are probably just reaching their peak, training the younger generation coming through, decades of expertise to pass on. Maybe I'm missing something here but is there really that much in explaining the angle you place a biscuit on the tray, or how much milk you put in the coffee

That you need to keep hangers on employed on fat legacy contracts from the days of govt ownership & massive subsidies.