PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Pilot Taxis a Stearman into R44
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2015, 21:10
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin fun

Hi guys ... don't be too hard on the lovely lady cos the professional male isn't exempt from the odd taxying accident.

'Twas circa 1980 ish when I parked the company Enstrom 28A at White Waltham waiting to pick up the MD of RMC. Leisure Sport for those who remember. As I waited, a well-sponsored Pitts screamed across the airfield to launch into as thrilling a display as I had seen for many a year. The man at the helm being a highly regarded and well known-aerobatic team pilot.

As the guy landed, I thought I might get the chance to shake his hand but having turned off the active, the neat biplane was taxying quite rapidly in my direction. I wasn't concerned until at fifty yards I decided it might be better to vacate the helicopter. Said Pitts continued straight & level with nil look out turns and smacked squarely into the nose of my machine which offered little stopping power having the forward cabin made entirely of GRP. And yes .... the insurance paid out. Good old Brentnall Beard (Richards Longstaffe) for the COFs on here. Safe flying to all. Dennis Kenyon.