PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2015, 13:37
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
I was speaking with a colleague still in the Air Cadet world. It would appear that it is most likely that my old VGS staff will start home based SCT sometime in the summer - next summer!! From there, gliding courses to start sometime in 2017.

Note the continued use of sometime. I think that for a lot of VGS's, there will be severe problems in retaining staff. Certainly a lot of adult staff will have found that that they can do the week-end overtime the boss keeps putting their way and that Mrs (or Mr) adult staff likes the extra money coming in/ the wee jobs that that are getting done that used to take forever/the picnic on a sunny Saturday or Sunday that used to be out of the question.

Staff cadets have, I suspect, re-ignited their week-end daytime interest in the other gender and - finally - I believe that under the current risk averse (thats a risk to some SO's career ladder) atmosphere that appears to be prevalent at higher levels within the RAF and ATC, the paperwork trail will be long and tortuous and too much of a total faff to be wort the effort. The V in VGS stands for Volunteer and I think that some of those in the higher echelons forget this.

Might I suggest that, as posted on a roof by the RAF POWs in Tengah POW camp awaiting release after the relief of Singapore, senior staff " Extract Digit"

Last edited by ACW342; 20th Aug 2015 at 13:38. Reason: spelling