PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF TO GET 787 !!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2015, 07:32
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think hold a BAvn which is the degree many pilots have is much of a degree at all really

The academics of ATPLs , four week PPLs , six or eight week CPLs at Bob Tait, six or eight week ATPLs on the coast. Twenty weeks tops , at a vocational level , not Uni(as in proper Uni) level.

Which is why many ATPL holders have year 9 or 10 & can still pass all without any fuss - goodluck to them I say. But it is at vocational level & long way beneath more rigorous aviation academics of the UK , NZ , Sing , HK etc etc.

I had a copper tell me once that her police prosecutors course of three months was the equivalent to a full year of a law degree. She wouldn't have got anywhere near law school with average academics at year 12 , but for some reason a few years later believed she was at top of the food chain.

If you wish to equate to something more , like a PhD good for you , I just think it will be a bit of a hard sell in the real world.

Was in Asia recently & had misfortune to be staying at the QF hotel. Well you should have seen the preening & posing around the lobby by the good QF crews.

There wouldn't have been a cabin crew member under 50 , it was a bizarre spectacle , I know the words have just came to me , it sort of looked like some kind of guided swingers tour.

And really that is why your international division is doomed , staff costs. Would imagine the CC would all be 20 plus years , all picking up at least $140, 000

You guys just aren't in the game