PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deal-breaker differences between AvPlan and OzRunways
Old 20th Aug 2015, 06:46
Virtually There

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you think about it, 5 minutes on the phone can save more time (and money) than a bunch of emails. Especially with follow-up questions on the same subject. I don't think you need a dedicated call centre - just a phone number during office hours.

You might only make $100 a year, but if - after sorting out a few teething problems - you have made a life-long customer who subscribes year after year, has it not been worth the initial contact? Do you really measure your bottom line in terms of hours instead of years?

Initially I was under the impression the OzRunways "Discussion" page was a live chat session. But it wasn't, and there was no confirmation email (or any other proof) that my query had been lodged. After two days of no response, I was left wondering what to do next.

In the end, I figured it out myself (it wasn't covered in the manuals).

It's a fine product - don't get me wrong - but I just feel that point of contact would have made all the difference to my initial OzRunways experience (instead of: "Here's the manual - figure it out yourself"). That's just my feedback. Others may disagree.