PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF TO GET 787 !!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2015, 04:52
blueloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyboat North, I know you love to troll, so I will just have a small bite at your jovial ****-stirring:

GG not everyone actually wants to be an airline pilot, not a vocation (note: I didn't use the word profession) that interest me
I am glad that God hasn't called you to be an airline pilot, because God help us we would all be rooted.

Whilst I am sure you have your big book of grammar, here is a little reference to help you:

What is the difference between Vocation and Profession?

• Though both vocation, as well as profession, indicates the career or the occupation through which an individual makes a livelihood, vocation is a broader term than profession.

• Profession refers to the career that one opts for, getting extensive training and acquiring special skills to become eligible for a job in it.

• Vocation refers to an occupation for which god gives a calling to the individual.

• Vocation can mean not just the profession or the occupation that an individual pursues for a living but also the occupation for which he receives a calling from god.

• Profession requires training and qualification whereas vocation is the innate ability in an individual towards a particular occupation.

• In modern times, a vocation refers to an occupation for which a person has special abilities or is trained to do that job.