PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico B762 at Madrid on Apr 16th 2013 - Final report
Old 19th Aug 2015, 21:36
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys: I think you are missing a very salient point. As an ex-B767 captain I agree with all your comments about smelly something fishy with those speeds. Indeed on any a/c that you are familiar with. This comment has been made about other such incidents. However, back to the salient point. This flight was from Madrid to Mexico. I assume, therefore they had flown from Mexico to Madrid. Therefore they should have had similar weights and correct speeds for their east bound flight and known what to expect. The return flight should have been a mirror of their recent flight and thus fishy smell should have been abundant. Total type experience; previous sim experience; etc. etc. red herrings, and still smelly. It seems there are too many pilots today who do not think; do not have ball park gross error checks in their everyday habits; do not have a'feel' for what is correct. Back to training. This problem will become more prevalent with the computerised performance calculations, i-pad etc. Little heed paid to "what do I expect" and then see what you get. There's too much an attitude of accept what you see. It's a computer, it must be correct. Ouch, and Oh my gawd.