PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 17:48
RONTOM-EGPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Failure

Here's something to ponder on. Last Sunday afternoon I was out in a C152. Whilst returning to airport my radios completely died on me. Tried the master re-set and resetting the circuit breaker. No joy. Luckily I keep the watchman number stored in my phone just in case. I got through and explained what had happened, they knew at the tower my radios were obviously faulty. He told me to keep circling and eventually follow as SAS CRJ on to final and after he'd landed to look out for the light signals.

Now here's where it gets interesting! I didn't inform the controller that I have a VCL on my medical due to "colour deficiency". I decided to take the gamble and see for myself. So first I noticed the steady red, then as soon as the CRJ taxied off the runway it went to steady green. I could see these lights clearly. It really wasn't testing at all.

Is it worth speaking to someone at the CAA about this little event? Or am I better off just speaking to a brick wall?
I'm even more frustrated now than I have been over the past two years. But something's telling me it's not worth it.

Any thoughts or comments would be good.

Cheers guys.