PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewal of PPL (A) SEP
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 15:59
Gonch1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renewal of PPL (A) SEP

Hi All
I’m hoping I can pick your collective brains for a little clarification.

If you are sitting comfortably, I shall begin…….

Due to work and a myriad of other excuses my rating is currently in the state of lapse. I’m now in a position where I would like to do something about this and this is my first foray into getting the ball rolling.

I gained my JAA PPL (A) with SEP land rating, and Night and IMC in June 2001. The last time I flew P1 was Oct 21st 2004.
So I believe my current status is….
SEP rating lapsed June 2005
Medical lapsed 2012 (did a renewal in 2007).

So what is the best course of action to try and renew my rating? After reading lots of older forum threads and other net articles am I correct in thinking it should go something like this?

1. Obtain an EASA Class 2 Medial (Revalidation)
2. Go to an ATO (as individual instructors are not allowed to sign off anymore) and the Head of Training will specify what remedial training he needs before a Licence Proficiency Check (LPC) with an examiner.

What about revalidation of the Flight Radiotelephony Operators Licence (FRTOL)? On the CAA website I have found this info…

“ A Stand alone UK FRTOL issued before 17 September 2012, had a ten year validity. When these licences expire, if you still need an FRTOL, you must reapply and pay the appropriate fee.
£72. or no fee If the FRTOL is applied for at the same time as another category of flight crew licence”

So will this just be re-issued, i.e. if I pass the LPC, the examiners endorsement will revalidate this, or do the CAA require theory or practical to be re-taken due to length of time?

And finally IMC and night, I understand that IMC can’t be added to the EASA PPL, only NPPL. But an IR(R) can. So is it possible to renew and convert a lapsed IMC to an IR(R).

If you made it this far, well done. And I look forward to your comments.

Thanks