PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 15:32
110Cornets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grr

Hi guys

I wrote a long summary of my recent meetings in Sydney with various airlines, but the internet deleted it.

So, instead I'll do a summary, and apologise for gaps!

AI - MAN in the two destinations flagged as amongst the next 6 or 7 cities to be served when their numerous 787s come online, alongside BCN.

SQ - looked at non stop 3x week but stuck with daily. Around time MOW was being questioned. Now believe their reputation and daily service will counter CX's non stop 4pw (it won't! They must surely have MIDT and see the traffic they're losing....can only assume it's an SQ fleet issue?)

EY - Lurve MAN - keen to support and promote stuff like MCFC but don't need sales support, defer marketing to Brussels and Dublin if possible. J class ex MAN is approaching or achieving target even when Y is slow (Nov, Feb)

EK - only feedback is not to push MAN or LHR. They're busy enough and don't need support. Preferred points are BHX then LGW (my company deals mostly in tours where NCL and GLA would not be an option). As above - premium demand was "amazing" from MAN.

QR - focussing on their (mostly) great onboard product.

QF - honourable mention - MAN was one of five (someone can fact check this?) destinations chosen as key cities when QF took codes on EK flight numbers. No remote possibility of seeing QF metal in MAN but it is in their top 5 cities for revenue.

CX - pleasantly surprised by loads. Too full for the last few weeks - 100% loads are actually not a good thing. However - we have yet to see a true low season (introductory period aside) so the jury is still out. CX is a cautious beast. We were initially on the list of A350 cities but now seem more likely to get increased 77W service when they become available.