PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 14:14
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"But I do wonder why our friends from south of the border seem so keen to talk BFS down? "

DUB will probably get close to 25 million pax this year. There's no logical reason for anyone to be talking anyone down.

FWIW, I think EK will open BFS, and sooner than we think. Once they've built out DUB to whatever target they have in mind, the next logical thing is to look to the next largest city - and particularly when a lot of traffic on the DUB service is coming from the North anyway.

DUB's relative success can be viewed in fact as an advantage to Belfast - it opens airline's eyes to opportunities on this Island that they may not have otherwise envisaged. I'd see Air Canada and Westjet in a similar vain to EK - BFS cant be far away from their thoughts either.
Really?

If we base their UK operations on your logic we should see the following:

MAN (A380 x 3)* then they start at LPL or LBA
GLA (B777 x 2 will go B777/A380 x 3) then they will start at EDI
BHX (B777 x 3 will go B777/A380 x 3) then they will start EMA or BRS

* I know a fourth has been suggested in past

They have a lot of growing at DUB to added another daily service and increase B777 capacity to A380

Would never say they won't come to BFS but lets get some real prospective here it will not happen this decade.

Westjet is a possibility but a while off and Air Canada will never happen, it's Rouge at DUB and can't see them expanding outside major points in Europe. Their current UK operation is very seasonal outside LHR.