PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for Expat Pilots in Canada
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 13:02
Hagop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder why the sticky is gone... I don't really know how things work in that part of the world in terms of paperwork and permits, but would love to hear if someone is willing to clarify. Anyways, not long ago, I've got an email from Harv's Air in Winnipeg, they are offering work permits for their students who complete from zero to a TC CPL/ME-IR. The duration of the work permit is the same as the duration of your flight training ie: if you completed everything in 10 months, you will get a work permit for 10 months.

What lets me questioning is that what could be done in 10 months? Getting an FI license and instructing at the very same schools for 10 months could get you somewhere between 300 and 500 hours but then what? airlines in the Middle East/Europe/Asia all require at least 1500 hours of turboprop/turbine experience.

Are there any regionals in Canada that actually renew your work permit? Or what are the chances of getting a flying job with any of the regionals/bush flying jobs in the North with as low as 200 hours?

Cheers.