PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Microsuck Locks My Tiscali Account
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 08:37
modtinbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microsuck Locks My Tiscali Account

Hi folks. Following advice from TalkTalk, (my Internet Service Provider) and as a result of a recent major security breach involving Carphone Warehouse, I've started the most frustrating task of changing all my passwords.

Unfortunately Microsuck have now locked my main Tiscali email address for 30 days because I was unable, within Outlook as my email client, to negotiate their ridiculous account verification procedure. I do have alternative email addresses, but most of my business is conducted to my Tiscali address via Outlook.

Basically, for Ppuners who are not aware, this verification procedure involves Microsuck requesting the input of a numerical code which one can elect to receive via landline, mobile or email. So I chose my mobile. The code came through immediately, but when I tried to input it I was advised it was not recognised. After several attempts I was advised my account was locked. So, the last mail I received was on 15 August. I feel as if my arm has been cut off!

Looking forward to September when my account is unlocked (yippee) I expect to be asked to input a numerical code to verify my account......which of course will not work!

I'm seriously angry trying to negotiate with a server. Why can't I find a human who will help me?

Anyone know any workaround for this problem, and whilst on the subject, how would one rate Gmail for example? Any other suggestions?

MTB