PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 08:15
SENChris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took the Adria Airways flight last evening with my family and must say that we were very impressed. As usual at Southend, the check-in and pre-flight experience was great and we had a very pleasant meal and drink at Lakers before being called to board. I was travelling with my elderly grandmother so the usual experience of being made to wait in the covered walkway before being cleared to board was unwelcome.

The flight itself was almost fully booked - I think I only saw one free seat, although there may have been more. Our return flight on 1st September appears to be fully booked. The passengers were mostly Slovenians / Croatians as far as I can tell, with one or two other English groups. The arrival experience at MBX was almost better than at SEN. We were waved through passport control and the bags were arriving almost before we were off the plane!

The only gripe I would have would be that the flight arrives in MBX so late. It's clearly intended primarily for locals and presumably allows Adria to use an aircraft that is used elsewhere earlier in the day but by time we arrived at our final destination in Austria, it was nearly 2am!

It's early days yet but hopefully the flight continues in the winter or at least makes a return next summer.