PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight test training & employment
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 06:29
clearprop.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICT SLB, thank you for your reply.

What about completing a course at recognised civilian test pilot school - such as NTPS, ETPS etc.? Of course this would be great to join the military one but I assume it is not possible for me since I am:

a) foreigner
b) non military pilot

I was thinking about covering by myself a course at NTPS - one of the short ones - like 6 week Flight Test Certification (75k $) or Pre-TPS (27k $). I know that it is not the same as a full, 1 year program but that is all I can pay for, at least within a few upcoming years. By doing this I would like to impress a future employer, show that I am a right candidate for TP position and perhaps count for further, this time sponsored training.

I am quite certain that in some parts of Europe this kind of course would make me quite exotic and attractive (I know about people working here without not only any TP course but also any engineering degree). On the other hand, there are not so many opportunities as in the US and probably Canada (where I guess short NTPS courses in pilots resumes are not so unusual).

What do you think about this idea?

Last edited by clearprop.; 19th Aug 2015 at 17:44.