PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 19th Aug 2015, 04:58
north flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure which thread this should be on since they all seem to get mixed up, but here goes.

Was talking to my neighbor a few days ago, he works for Ek in finance, been at Ek for about 4 years.

He said that EK is losing money and he can not figure it out.

He said that the yields are why down, we started talking about PRASM's, RASM's and CASM's and all the usual stuff, price of oil, economies of the world, competition from other carriers.

I then asked him what the average aircraft utilization was doing, had it gone up, stayed steady or gone down, and you know what he said, "they do not tell me that", I could not believe it.

Seems that the only answer is that the aircraft utilization is down from lack of crew, I don't know what it was before this whole mess started, but I am guessing that EK had one of the highest in the world, now reduce that by just 1 hour per day and costs go thru the roof.

They have not been able to add the required number of pilots to the number of aircraft received, but we all know that.

It is just simple math that they hide from their own people, let's see what they do next.