PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 22:02
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I mean, hell we flew jets, how could we be wrong?
you bug smashers know so little.
That's the well-worn chorus, but it's far off the mark - I've worked for over a decade in GA too and the difference in experience that forms the basis of much of the anti-RAAF sentiment here just isn't real, though it's a convenient fallback option when trotting out the insults.

People doing the right thing? A lot of the time, but you don't need to turn over too many rocks to find aircraft being flown unserviceable, hours falsified, parts kept in service too long, maintenance not being written up in the MR, rules of the air being methodically busted etc etc ... then when the authorities come after the perpetrators it's a big surprise? Come on. At least some (I'm not saying all) of these so-called vendettas are just the dodgy operator that everyone knows is doing the wrong thing finally getting caught up with. Don't tell me you don't know of stuff like this going on.

what part of "CASA has lost the trust of the industry" don't you understand?
I understand it all right, but stubbornly refusing to budge one little bit to re-engage with them and slagging them off at every opportunity is hardly going to change anything, is it?