PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL-2
Thread: BMI REGIONAL-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 20:24
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bristol_Traveller
I can see why this makes sense. It felt like BM was trying hard to find things for the ERJ frames to be doing, leading them into some very thin route choices. Using them to support the Loganair franchise is probably more profitable.

That suggests that the existing BM route network might thin down again, but also begs the question - if/when they merge the two operations, which brand will survive? (My money is on BM, but I've been wrong too often to put actual cash on it).
The problem is the Loganair name is so famous in Scotland, no one up here ever think it's Flybe that goes to the Isles it's Loganair. Loganair survived being part Manx, Airlines of Britain & British Midland. Also BM Regional doesn't really fit the profitable part of the business as it's a long way away from the Midlands! I believe the Loganair name will survive (although on the little writing on the door on most planes "operated by Loganair") on its famous H&I routes, the BM regional name will disappear from the aircraft and the aircraft painted in LH, SAS & SN colours depending on route & codeshares again with small text on the door (op by BM regional). Though I would suggest the majority will get Albino colours.