PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 19:26
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Within the information known thus far, I would think that pilot suicide is unlikely, because if he was so intended then why leave it until landing at destination. In this sense pilot incapacitation more likely than suicide.
The principal factor is the high speed landing, what besides pilot error could have caused this. Assuming just for a moment that it was not pilot error, mechanical and/or electronics malfunction must not be ruled out. The question I pose is what failure(s) could have prevented the pilot from slowing the aircraft to the correct speed and also prevent a timely go around. I am not familiar with the type so don`t know whether is equipped with any lift dumping devices and thrust reversers and as to how these are armed for landing. A/T deactivation or systems fault may also be a causal factor. The fact that on go around the a/c veered off the runway heading could point to asymmetry issues. The high speed finals, nevertheless is the only tangible piece of evidence as to the cause of this accident. As many have already commented, there was not any chance of pulling off a successful landing from the approach at that speed and runway remaining. It therefore follows that for reasons yet unknown the pilot was committed to land. A situation that confronted the pilot during the last few minutes of flight.