PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proof that DAS Skidmore is a new broom
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 11:24
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Right, that's it for me.

The regulations are not a product of politics in the sense of competing world views. They are a product of BOTH SIDES of politics wishing to ignore/be insulated from aviation accident political costs.
They are how any government deals with its responsibilities. What else do you want?

THAT is the product CASA sells. THAT is why all pilots are "criminals who haven't been caught yet".
If you are a criminal, expect to be treated like one. If you do the right thing, then you won't have a problem.

There are precisely no votes in Aviation. Its rather like prison reform or regulation of feral animals.
Boo f*&king hoo, I may burst into tears if you hit me with any more whingeing.

The politicians pay CASA an insurance fee so that they don't have to pay attention to aviation. CASAs customer is the Government not us. We don't matter.
See above.

That is why I say that absent a political party or strike action, or a major accident the politicians are right in believing that noises from us can be safely ignored.
Well mate, any time you're ready, step up and fix the situation - I'm waiting with bated breath to see your solutions to all these terrible problems.

Skidmore? Nodding donkey, "safe pair of hands", "won't rock the boat", "One of us", "trusted", "steady".
Why don't you jump straight in and do a better job, that should fix everything.

Skidmore will labor mightily in the garden of the Lord
What are you on, you goose?

and will, predictably, produce nothing of any import
How's your crystal ball there, Nostradamus?

because his Minister and Department Head chose him to do nothing more than keep aviation out of the headlines
Did they now? You're mates with them, I suppose? Know how they work?

I'm sure he is a nice guy and will try hard an d be granted a small change in the regulations to put his name to (perhaps tyre valve caps will no longer need to be yellow).
Any time you're ready to contribute a bit more, go for it!

Real reform? No hope! As i have said before that would need a reformer backed by a minion or Two from Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet as "advisors" (read bureaucratic assassins) to rip CASA apart and restructure it.
On ya, champion - whenever you're ready, step up!

The sort of guys needed are, to paraphrase a description of Ohio Political operatives; "guys so smart and clever that you don't even realise they have cut your throat until half an hour after they have taken their leave".
Yep, that'll work - get them on the payroll, can't wait for the improvements to flow on from your outstanding input.