PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 09:00
hobnobanyone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree, thank you very much for the detailed response. I really appreciate it and it does help to clarify many things - as I strongly suspect, the devil will be in the details as normal. But, I genuinely think information like this provided is really helpful to those of us in the same position.

I've done some sums this morning - and actually, it would take me 6 years to catch up on where I will be here.

This is all based on assumptions:

But in that time, I'll have taken nearly a £20k pay cut for year 1 (haha yeah... right, good start!), and by the time I get to year 6 (when it works out that the salaries catch up), assuming a bit of blag magic maths, in actual fact, purpleplace will have paid me effectively 2 extra years at Thomson FO paypoint 1 - (the difference is £77k in favour of the current place).

And given that in that period of time, I'll be hopefully settled down with a family - I have a sneaky feeling that on these terms and conditions, it might be a no-go for me. Unless of course things change - as I said earlier, the devil is very much in the details - and this might not be anywhere near the final offer, but as it stands, that's what I've worked out.

Really sorry to hijack this thread with Turboprop comments too - I think vbr03 has got it right. Whereas even 2 years ago, it was a case of getting a jet job in whatever way possible - in fact, the market is changing and airlines are starting to look at us again. And not before time thankfully.