PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Aug 2015, 07:30
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Basic Service
I think so I'm afraid, but its worth clarifying as we have cadets here with frozen ATPL's ( maybe the bar just got lowered even further?)
No, it's not a mistake.

They ARE calling people with frozen ATPLs.

That's not to say those guys with Frozen ATPLs are any less competent - but it's a fact of life that it will take longer to become established in the system as an 'Emirates quality' line pilot.... by that I mean a pilot who becomes comfortable with the extremely wide ranging theatre of operations rather than one who is superior quality in general.

Add to this the fact that most guys attempting the Command Course have no previous left-seat experience and it makes for an airline with very low experience base overall. Especially with the amount of Captains leaving at the moment.

Of course we have a set of robust SOPs and a strict automation policy - and that's all we need, right? Airbus even said so themselves when we bought the 380 that we were heading for all GLS autolands in the future. Mmmmm..