PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada to Europe
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 01:20
Leel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada to Europe

Hi

First post here.

I am almost done my CPL training in Canada. I'll have a CPL with a MEIFR. My main career goal-right now- is to get on to one of the large Gulfstreams or Dassault aircraft. G550/650, Dassault 7X etc.

I am lucky enough to have close connections in the industry that will make that first job easy to get, compared to other young pilots in Canada. Most likely my first job will be on a corporate King Air 90 or 350i (Believe me I know I am amazingly lucky to have those connections, but I've put in some work to get here don't worry!)

However, I have some family in the UK and moving to London has been a want of mine for awhile.

My main questions are, once I have enough experience here in Canada on smaller corporate jets (Citations, Lears, etc) would I have any opportunities in Europe after converting my license? If I'm type rated in Canada will that transfer to a European license?

Basically if there are any Canadians that have made the move to Europe (corporate or airline) do you have any tips? There's tons of information about going to Asia and the Middle East but the move to Europe is obviously less popular.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Lee