PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar
Thread: Qatar
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2003, 10:25
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!!

What an exhaustive read to this point.

Typical of most airline FDC who perceive their CEOs as plonkers. However, I can't think of a successful airline run by FDC despite our uncanny belief that we know best how to run things. Funny, that. But then most FDC also think they have the right solutions for almost anything.

Ours is to enjoy the task we so readily seek to occupy our time with and get paid for doing it. Right? Isn't that why we fly???

A good number of you in this thread should try to imagine a world in which you are not employed. You are not flying, full stop! You can't stay current and you can't afford to stay current and the further you go out of recency the less chance you have to land a job flying aeroplanes. Which I can assure you, really, really sucks. Perhaps then you will be better able to enjoy QR and the excellent equipment you must surely be operating.

Would it be possible to solicit a middle-of-the-road response from someone presently IN Qatar Airways regarding the following request for information? (Possibly ex-Royal A310)

Firstly, the middle east is still the middle east. That means Christian foreigners are likely to find numerous differences in life and lifestyle. Which is what the majority of complaints in this thread seem to be about.

So let's cut to the chase.

With the worldwide employment situation for pilots being what it is....how's the work for the A300-600 fleet. I understand it's mostly European destinations and is the compensation package that unrealistic given the state of the economy and cost of expansion? Not to mention the revenue loads/numbers generating dollars for QR to divy up amongst the various slices of the expense 'pie'. It may be a wealthy emirate but airlines everywhere are in agony and some could soon find themselves out-of-business.

How do you get this airline to respond to your application? My time and experience is beyond what they are asking for and I even have (not recently) bags of A300-600 time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.