PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 16th Aug 2015, 22:19
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porkie :
Whilst I have no prejudice I just wonder
this is about the funniest thing you have posted thus far.... No prejudice ..hahaha ... needed a laugh.. like 90% of your past post im sure your where replying with an "open mind"... an other thing the 160 B*ll**it figure wake up or change your sources of "credible" information... you been literally ranting on about a mass exodus ever since THY starting employing ex-pats... yes there is an attrition rate like most carriers operating within this region of the world but no where near as what your rumouring it to be...
yes some are due company issues ie, the rostering issues on the narrow body and our best friends the beloved crew planning .. yet other reasons that are beyond the control of THY such as the Turkish Lira fluctuations...
you also ranted out THY will never start upgrading ex pats.. wake up there are example from the 737 fleet, though it may not be the amount we would like to see....nevertheless it is happening and change does take TIME...

as simple as it may sound .. we are professionals... if we find a better opportunity to suit our lifestyle (money, family, location ambitions etc).. then we leave and take advantage of it ..if not then stay and make the most of it....

which kind of international experience will they bring in as an asset
well for starters
how about airman that have been operating under limited resources (hardware, software and legislation mostly due to international politics and embargoes) and still manage to stay relatively safe..
how about these guys still operating a majority on Conventional aircraft in rugged mountainous terrain who have way more hands on flying than the majority of modern day automated driven crews..

but im sure you have flown extensively in Iran and worked with these so called "less capable pilots".....
seriously you say with no prejudiced yet your remarks are hypocritical...

tonker:
diminishing t&cs
yes unfortunately that has been the trend for the last 10-15 years and it was bound to catch the legacy carriers sooner or later... unless low cost terms improve and this P2F and self sponsored Type rating business ends, the trend will continue....

STEXUP:
third world pilot
excuse me, what da hell makes you ssooooo superior mate.. im sure with your "Ethnic" background you may have the impression you are the centre of the aviation universe.. wake up open your eyes every culture and regions have there advantages and idiosyncrasies but all can contribute to industry in a positive manner. ... yes they come from a developing country (mostly due to the crippling embargo placed upon them due to political reasons) but in no way are they classed as third world people...

Globally Challenged:
only care about the ticket price / city pairs
If the pax did care enough then they would reconsider flying with Ryan Air and others alike... unfortunately if you can offer a seat cheap enough then you will fill it regardless.. as majority of travellers have goldfish memory syndrome beyond network and pricing..

Kirks gusset:

Hollyyy crap... they are going to hire westerners hehehehe
cant wait on the new threads regarding this topic )) hehehehe

as twentyyearstoolate have rightfully posted, where they come from is of no significance, as longs as they have the right mindset , CRM, capabilities, abilities and professionalism then one would NOT hesitate to fly with whom are either from a Eastern or Western orientated background...
I personally have a few very good Iranian friends that i flew with in during my stint with previous employers and i have say that I have had no issues nor was i ever reluctant to fly with them as a professional...
lets not jump the gun and become judgemental about individuals or their background and make the topic cantered on a racial context as i thinks its unfair and unethical as a person and a professional...