PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2015, 11:16
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny, I had not anticipated for a moment that my idle posting/plagiarising of a YouTube video on the EZ999 thread would have given you so much to consider and question. Even less did I realise that the whole shebang had decamped to this thread (though in truth here is where it belongs). So apologies all round for my lack of response.

Having said that, I hope that your questions are not directed at me, for the little I know of the Vengeance, and the Squadrons that flew them, I have all learned from you! It seems to me that you suspect this video to be a bit of a ringer, ie it does not hold true as to what it purports to represent, which is to show an operational squadron at work. My thoughts are much the same, that there is a lot of "playing to the camera", work that would have been done in various workshops by armourers, radio fitters, etc is being done on the aircraft.

Could this be a case of a limited amount of film stock, the limited time to shoot it, and an intention to get everyone (including the monkey) in on the act? A sort of dumbed down version of the famous 'day in the life of Hemswell' video? Just a thought...

Oh, just to add, I am delighted that EZ999 is now given the Danny "Seal of Approval", that the Mark that did the real war work is indeed in preservation. If our long peregrination has achieved aught else, it has at least shone a light onto this RAF/RAAF/IAF "Stuka" and that it did do what it said on the tin, limited in time and place though that might have been.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 16th Aug 2015 at 11:41. Reason: Hooray for EZ999!