PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash at Blackbushe.
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2015, 11:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really, you need to read your statement again because now you are saying every multi crew aircraft that has crashed is due to the guy in the RHS not being competent, quite a bold statement to make
ATC

That is not what I am saying on every multi crew aircraft crash.

In this particular crash the aircraft was in good VMC with conditions at landing site which were also calm.

The aircraft was fully serviceable but the pilot was not in control of the situation.
He had lost the plot earlier on.

As a proactive decisive and thinking pilot would you allow another human being to kill you? While your mind is clear his was not so I stick with my statement.
You would realise by his actions that he was incapacitated in a mental way and do what you would do if he passed out at the controls which is to take command and control

If that is what you are saying then you are basically saying that if a Captain is incapacitated by collapsing at the controls an FO is incapable of taking over the aircraft to a successful landing? Incapacitation can take many forms. It is identifying that incapacitation and acting on it

Remember this is a form of incapacitation which developed with time to sort it out and incapacitation of all kinds should be part of CRM! This was not a last minute mistake on an instrument approach in bad weather or strong wind landing but something any competent pilot should identify and handle

Last edited by Pace; 16th Aug 2015 at 11:44.